Ingredient:Preparation time 20mts,Cooking time 20mts,Serves:2
- 4 eggs(3 Hard Boiled,1 Scrambled)
- 2 Cups Basmathi Rice
- 2-3 Medium Onion-Finely Sliced.
- 2 Large Finely chopped Tomatoes.
- Garlic 5-6 Pods-sliced
- Ginger 1″ Chopped
- Green Chillies-1
- Turmeric-1/4 tsp
- Chilli powder -1/2 tsp
- Corriander powder-3/4 tsp
- Garam Masala-1/4 tsp each for rice and Masala
- Curry Leaves-4-5
- Bay leaves-2-3
- Raisins and Cashews
- Coriander leaves-Chopped
- Salt to taste
Preparing the Egg Masala:
- In a pan,add some oil and fry the Sliced Onions,sliced Garlic , Ginger along with the Chillies and Curry leaves till the onions are golden brown.
- Add Chopped tomatoes and fry till oil begins to leave.
- Add Turmeric powder,Chilly powder,Corriander powder and fry till it starts blending in with the masala,add a little bit of water and cook for a few mts to make it a little curryish,and switch off the stove.
- To the whole Hard boiled eggs,incise with a knife and fill in the slits with the above mentioned masala ,place it in and cover it with the rest of the masala.
Preparing the rice:
- Wash ,and pre-soak the rice for an hr,and drain it of water
- In a pressure cooker,add some oil /ghee,add 1/4 tsp Garam masala,and fry the masala for a few seconds till it gives out the spices aroma.
- Add the Rice,and fry it for a few mts .
- Add 3-4 Garlic pods(Sliced if they are Big ones,whole if they are smaller)
- Add the water and salt to taste and cook it till rice is done.
- In a pan ,fry a few Raisins and cashews and take on to plate.
- Fry Half onion finely Sliced and take aside
- Take a pan ,add a few drops of oils,and add whisked Egg with salt ,add mix it till it cooks to become a scramble.
Serving the Biryani:
- In a Microwavable dish(for future re heating purpose),place a layer of Rice,a layer of the Egg Masala alternately till you have finshed both rice and masala(I had about 2 layers of each in my dish),I saved the Eggs from the Masala to be placed on the top for ease of serving.
- Put the Fried Cashew and Raisins on top,then the fried onion,Choped Corriander and lastly the Scrambles.
- You may want to Microcook for 2-3mts to let the masala aromas mix the rice thorougly.
- A raitha prepared out of Onion,tomato ,green chillies and curd is a good combination with a Kerala style papad.