This s the most fast moving Dosa in my household,tasty easy to make and can be eaten within 30mts of making the batter unlike most dosas,so I can call this almost instant.
My MIL is my tutor at this,she makes this with such an ease,it over came my popular belief that this dosa was a cumbersome one.She always says this is the easiest to make and the easiest to eat ,due to which it is famous among the kids.
This goes along with any side dish ranging from the Diluted Jaggery to Mallu style Ishtu to Veg Kurma to Egg Curry.
- 2 cups raw rice
- 1 cup coconut grating
- salt to taste
- Soak washed rice, for 2-3hrs .
- Grind together with coconurt grating to a smooth paste.
- Add salt & dilute with water ,the batter should be water and flowy enough,like rava dosa batter.
- Heat Pan ,little above medium heat,spread oil(for the every first dosa only).
- Pour the Batter ,by throwing it from the side,tilt the pan so the batter will start spread around and fill the vacant space with more batter thrown in.
- There will be sizzling when the batter is thrown on to the pan,control the heat accordingly so the dosa does not burn(this dosa is not fried on the other side,therefore it will be best to close with lid,for a few second so that it gets cooked).
- When the sides starts to crisp up,its time to remove the dosa on to plate.
- Serve with butter,or veggies curry or “Goda panku”-made by cooking jaggery,Cardamom and water for a few minutes so the syrup becomes thick and cooled down before serving.