This recipe is a fond recollection of the Vacation my cousin and I spent at GOA one summer.
My mom’s sisters are a wonder at cooking and each one possesses a myriad of recipes which they have made for us during the vacations etc.This particular one is from my Aunt in Goa who is a very talented cook herself ,and its from her that I understood at a very early age that Chinese “can be made at home”.
My Mom,being passionate experimental cook loves trying new dishes which we supported by heartily eating .Mom has used this recipe to feed us with Cabbage an otherwise uninterestig vegetable.Easy and quick to make 😉
Cooking Time:30mts,Prep time:10mts,Serves :2
- Small Cabbage Head-Half-Finely shreds
- 2 tbsp Corn flour for the Cabbage Balls/1/2 tbsp for the Gravy.
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder.
- Garlic:2 pods Finely Chopped,1/2 tsp paste.
- 1/2 tsp Pepper powder.
- 1/2 Small Onion Finely chopped.
- 3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup (puree if you have)
- 3 tbsp Soya Sauce.
- 1tsp Sugar
- Oil for deep frying the Cabbage Balls
- Mix the Cabbage,Corn flour,chilli powder and salt thoroughly and knead to make small TT size balls of the same.
- In a Deep Frying pan,fry these balls till they are golden brown.
- To make the sauce,in a sauce pan add some oil ,and fry the minced Garlic and garlic paste for a couple of mts.
- Add the chopped oinions ad fry for a few mts.
- To this add the Tomato Sauce/Purre,Soya sauce,Pepper powder and salt,mix this thoroughly and cook for 2 mts..
- Add Sugar and 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- To this add 1/2 tbsp Corn flour mixed with water ,stir constantly while adding this to the gravy to avoid the lumps.
- Place the Balls into the gravy if serving immediately or for better serving,take individual bowls place the Balls in the bowl and pour adequate sauce over it,and garnish with chooped Spring Onion.
This is a great combination with Egg Fried Rice.