Dish good for a rainy day like today,where we had plans to be out to a party for dinner but had to miss it for my dear hubby got stuck at work.I had some Roti dough, made Kurma to go along with it,the dinner at home was a perfect 10/10.
Easy prep dish that can be made with almost any vegetables you have .This curry goes well with roti,poori ,dosa and almost everything else.This is my fail over dish when I need to prepare something very quick and I do not have too many choices of veggies at home apart from some frozen ones in the refrigerator.
Preparation Time:10mts,Cooking time:30mts.
- 3 cups Mixed Vegetables-Carrot,Cabbage,Beans,Peas,Corn,Potato(Can use the frozen mixed veggies also and and add in the rest if available).
- 1 1/2 Tomato Chopped.
- 1/2 tsp Chilly powder.
- 1/2tsp turmeric powder
Grind to paste:
- 1 Medium sized onion.
- 1 tbsp Jeera powder.
- 1 bunch of Corriander Leaves.
- 3tbsp Coconut.
- 1″ Ginger
- 1 Green Chilly.
- Microwave all the vegetables .
- Take a skillet add oil and fry the ground paste for 4-5 mts with salt( we do not intend to fry the paste completely ,the idea behind frying is only to reduce the pungency of the raw paste).
- Add Chilly powder & turmeric powder,fry for a minute.
- Add the Tomatoes ,cooked vegetables and salt to taste with about 1 1/2 cup water.
- Bring to boil and cook till the gravy thickens.
- Serve with Hot Rotis or pooris.