- Basmati Rice-2 Cups
- Mixed vegetables(carrot,beans,corn)-1 1/2 Cup.
- 3tbsp coconut grating
- Cauliflower Florets-1 cup.
- Peas:1/2 cup
- Cilantro Leaves:1 bunch.
- Large Onion:1
- Green Chillies:2
- Garlic:8-9 pods.
- Cinnamon stick:1 piece
- Bay leaves:2
- Soak Rice for an hr and drain in thoroughly.
- Fine grind coconut,Onion,Green chillies,Cilantro,garlic,ginger and whole spices.
- In a cooker,put some oil ,fry some of the whole spices and add the ground paste ,fry it for a few mts ,till the pungency reduces.
- Now add all the veggies,and fry for about 5mts till it mixes.
- To this add the drained rice for 5mts.
- Add water and salt and put the cooker lid and cook without pressure/weights.
- Cook for 10-15mts on medium flame.
- Keep checking for the rice to be done and mix lightly so as to not break the rice.
- Switch off the stove and remove the lid if danger of rice over cooking.
- Garnish with croutons if required and serve with fresh made raitha.