- 1 cup Rava/Semolina.
- 1 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 Medium Onion Chopped.
- 1/2 Large Tomat Chopped.
- 1/2 Green Chillies chopped.
- 1/3 tsp chopped ginger
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 3-4 Cashew
- 1 tsp Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Jeera
- 4-5 curry leaves.
- Oil for Seasoning.
- Little bit of Chopped Coriander leaves for Garnish(optional)
- Heat a pan with no oil,add the Semolina/Rava and fry for 2-3 mts till it starts emitting fragrance.Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Add oil to pan and splutter Mustard,to this add Jeera,Green Chillies and Curry leaves.Fry for about 30secs.
- Add Onion to this and fry till it becomes translucent.
- Add Turmeric and mix well.Add Tomatoes and fry for 1-2mts.
- To this add water and salt ,cover and bring to boil
- Add Semolina to this,while adding please remember to gradually pour down the rava while one keeps stirring with the water so the semolina mixs with the water evenly and does not start lumping up .Add Cashews at this stage if you like.
- Once all Semolina is added,cook under medium heat for about 4-5mts or till rava is cooked.
- Garnish with Corriander leaves and serve hot.