Preparation time:20mts,Cooking time:20mts,Serves:2-3
- 6-7 medium pieces of fish(I have used Tilapia here)
- 1 Medium Onion Finely chopped.
- 2 Green Chillies slit
- 1 ” ginger
- 4-5 pods Garlic
- Tamarind Large blob.
- 1 Cup Coconut.
- 1tsp Chilli powder
- 1tsp Corriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- Curry leaves -1 spring.
- Wash the Fish with turmeric and keep aside.
- Finely grind the coconut with little bit water into smooth paste.Make sure the paste is super fine so that the gravy does not become grainy due to coarse coconut paste.
- Corsely grind Ginger and garlic.
- Add this Ginger-garlic paste to Chopped onion,Fenugreek seeds,Chilli powder,Turmeric powder,corriander powder,slit green chillies in the cooking vessel.Add the tamarind extract along with salt and mix it with you hands if possible(be ware that the green chillies may burn your hands,so you may either want to use a ladle to mix or mix it with hands before adding the green chillies).
- Keep this on the stove and bing to boil.
- Add the fish pieces , adjust salt and sourness to taste.
- Let this cook for 4-5mts ,to this add the ground coconut paste,Curry leaves and salt if necessary.
- Add water if the necessary to get gravy consistancy.
- Once the fish is done,Garnish with Curry leaves and let it settle for some time before serving.This allows the fish to absorb the masala.
- Enjoy with Hot rice and Cabbage Thoran(as seen in snap below).