Among the GSB Konkanis any auspicious day is marked by either fasting or eating one meal a day,being more specific ,I should say eating one meal that contains rice.On these days Rava is allowed in meals and becomes the center of attraction in the food kingdom.
This particular snack is made mostly during breakfast on such days ,since those days there will be many other godly chores to do and this dish is easy to pan out.This advantage makes it an easy target for evening snacks on one of those off /unplanned days.
- 1 Cup Sooji/ Rava.
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 2 Green Chillies
- 3tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Yogurt
- 1 1/2 Cup water.
- Mix together in a bowl all the above mentioned ingredients except water.
- Add water and make this into a thick batter(thicker than idli batter).
- On a Pan,smear some oil.Pour a ladleful batter on it .
- Use your Fingers to spread the batter around evenly(using a ladle may not be possible and it tends to stick out of the pan).
- Pour some oil on the edges if necessary.
- Fry under cover for 30secs on one side and flip on to the other side to fry it.
- Take out and serve hot with butter.