Another rice centric Breakfast dishes of the GSB’s ,though this is more on the sweeter side ,it is good combination to eat with some salty butter.The same batter can be used to make Sweet Appe,in the appe pan.
- 2 Cups Rice.
- 1 Cup Coconut gratings.
- 1 cup Beaten Rice/Poha
- 1 tsp Turmeric.
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds.
- 2 tbsp Dahi/Yogurt.
- 1 1/2 Cups Jaggery(you can change this to your liking more if you need it sweeter).
- Salt to taste.
- Oil for frying.
- Wash & Soak rice with Fenugreek seeds in water for atleast 2hrs.
- Grind with Coconut grating and Turmeric ,when its half done,add the washed and drained beaten Rice ,into a fine paste.
- Just before taking out add the Curd and Jaggery and grind till it gets mixed.
- Add Salt and adjust the taste.
- Let the batter stay out over night,under cover.
- Before making the Dosa,add water to adjust it to the consistency of a little thicker than the regular Dosa batter.
- On a heated pan smear some oil ,add a ladle full of batter(do not spread it,the batter consistency will such that it will spread a little on its own).
- Fry under cover on medium flame,till the Soornali looks cooked(there should be no visible batter),frying is done only on one side.
- Also if fermented well,we will be able to see holes in the Soornali.
- Serve with butter.