This is a dish I conjured up to pursue my daughter into eating Broccoli.She loves the onion coconut combo gravy ,and also the Chicken ,this dish is just one way or sprucing up the Broccoli ,so it may get into the diet.
Try it and tell me what you think of it.
- 10 Pieces of Chicken
- 10 florets of Borocoli.
- 1/2 Large Onion Chopped.
- 1/2 tsp Star Anees seeds
- 1/2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Jeera Seeds
- 3-4 Cashews
- 3-4 cloves
- 1″ Cinnamon
- 3-4 pepper pods.
- 3-4 Red chillies
- 2 tbsp Coconut grating.
- 1″” Ginger
- 4 large Garlic pods
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1 Large tomato Pureed.
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Vinegar.
- Salt to taste
- oil for frying.
- 3-4 curry leaves.
- In a pan put some oil and fry onions till golden brown.Take them aside.
- In the same pan fry items 4 t0 11 for about 1 mt,then add the coconut and fry till the coconut emits an aroma or starts turning brown.
- Grind this along with half the portion of fried onions,Ginger, Garlic and Fenugreek seeds.
- Again put some oil in the pan,add the fried onions ,curry leaves,the above paste and mix well.
- To this add Pureed tomatoes and cook for 3-4 mts with salt.
- Add Turmeric and Broccoli and cook with water from the washed grinder(about 1/4 cup).
- When the Broccoli is half done ,add the chicken pieces, and adjust the salt to taste and mix well.
- Put about 1/2 cup water and cook till chicken is tender and broccoli is cooked.
- Add 1/2 tsp Vinegar,mix well and cook for 2mts.
- Serve hot with roti /rice.