Preparation time:10mts,Cooking time:4-5mts,Serves:3-4
Most common method of getting the kids to at those veggies they dont like much-Carrots and Beets.make cutlet.In my home,the elder and kids are alike when it comes to eating these 2 veggies and I find that making cutlet is not only easy but a healthy way to get them to eat those.
Another reason I make cutlets,is the Bread,there are always takers for the nice slices of bread but when it comes to the fried ends there are very few takers and so is the case with the last slice of the loaf.Cutlets needs Bread crumbs as binders and I find using this otherwise wasted bread in it serves multiple purpose.
- 2 Potatoes.
- 2 Small sized Beets
- 2 Long Carrots.
- 3/4 Large Onion Chopped.
- 1 tsp ginger paste.
- 1 tsp Garlic paste.
- 3/4 tsp Chilly powder.
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala Powder.
- 4 slices of Bread.
- Scrap the outer skin of 1,2 & and 3 and cut them into cubes .
- Cook in Microwave for 12 mts with enough water.
- Strain the water (keep ths aside to make Tomato soup).Use the Veggies for the cutlet.
- Finely Chop the Onion.
- In a pan,add some oil and fry the Onion with Ginger and Garlic Paste,till onion is golden brown.
- Add Chilly powder and Garam Masala powder and fry for 3-4mts.
- Mash the cooked veggies in a chopper especially the Beets.
- Add it to fried onions and mix well,along with enough salt(to taste).
- Make Bread crumbs out of the slices mentioned above by running it in the chopper/blender.
- Add half of it to the veggie mash and mix well.
- Now make a fist size ball of the mix above,and roll it in the remaining bread crumbs to cover evenly.
- Flatten it to make a round flat shap.
- On a girdle ,add some oil ,place the flattens cutlets and fry each side on medium flame for 4-5mts.
- Serve hot with some ketchup.