Mutta or Egg fry is a quick cook,easy available raw material recipe.In any home its easy to find Egg,Onion ,Tomato and Ginger along with the basic powder,the Chilly powder.
This side dish is a great combination with the Appam is the most commonly available Breakfast recipe in the Kerala Messes in Bangalore as well as the native itself.
Apart from being a perfect combination with the appam,it can be served with Roti/Chapathi on a very tiring day when one wants to eat some thing nice and non veg but does not have the patience to spend time in kitchen.
Here it goes:
- 2 Eggs Hard boiled.
- 1 Large Onion -Finely sliced.
- 1-2 slit green chillies.
- 1 -1 1/2 Large Tomato Sliced.
- 1 tsp Chilly powder.
- 1″” Ginger Mashed .
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying.
- Boil water in a vessel and cook the Eggs for 8-10mts.
- Let is cool down,and remove the shells.
- Make slits on the egg .
- In a pan,add some oil and saute the Onion,Green chilly and Ginger till golden brown.
- Add Chilly powder and fry for 2mts.
- Add salt,and Tomato and fry till the tomatoes are cooked well.(ie there is not much moisture in the fry).
- Place the Slit eggs ,and cover with the masala and cook on low for 2mts and then turn the Egg around and cook for a mt again.
- Serve hot with appam or phulka.