Items 1-5 for marination:
- 1/2 kg Chicken cut into thin strips of 3″
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Chilly powder.
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 large onion finely chopped.
- 2 medium tomato -finely chopped.
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. ginger paste
- ¼ tsp. garam masala
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chilly powder
- Few red and green pepper peices.
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- salt to taste.
- Water for cooking.
- Prepare the chicken with items 1-5 along with salt and put in refrigerator for atleast 1.5hrs.
- In a pan,heat some oil,add the chopped onion and saute well.
- Add the ginger,garlic pastes,turmeric,chilly,garam masala and coriander powder.Mix well and fry for 3mts.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry till they are cooked.
- Add the marinated chicken peices,mix well and let it cook for 10mts in its own juice.
- Add water,bit by bit and cook it on medium flame for upto 40mts.While mixing and checking the consistency,I used upto 2cups of water.
- At this stage in a pan,add some oil splutter the cumin,add green and red bell peppers and few Onion slices and fry for a couple of mts.
- Add this to the cooking chicken and continue to cook on low flame for the rest 15mts.
- Temper with Fried red chilly.
- Serve with hot rice /roti.
- ½ tsp. Coriander powder