A side dish for rice or accompaniment for Roti:Aloo Palak is a simple and quick recipe full of nutrition and has a very sober taste.
What you need:
- 1 Large Potato Sliced into small & thin strips(like for finger chips)
- 4 handful palak-chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Jeera/cumin Seeds
- Pinch of turmeric
- 2 Pinch of Chilly powder.
- Salt to taste
- In a pan add about 1/2 tsp oil,splutter Jeera and then Mustrad
- Add the Potato and sprinkle salt over it.Cook for about 6-7mts.
- Sprinkle the turmeric and Chilly powder.mix well.
- Add the chopped Spinach and sprinkle some salt.
- Mix well and cook till Potato is done
- PS:There is no addition of water to potato here.The salt added to potato shud do the trick.
- Eat with Rice & Rasam/Roti.