This is a recipe from my MIL which she oftenly uses to get her sons to eat this healthy leaves.Though her paratha is much more thinner than what is shown in this picture but nevertheless they both taste awesome,soft and tasty.
I have made a less oil and healthier version of the paratha,the traditional paratha is fried with generous amount of ghee/clarified butter but I mostly use very less oil/butter /ghee to made roti since my idea behind eating this is to avoid those in the first place.
In your trial u can choose to use it based on what you feel is adequate.
What you need:
- 1 1/2 Cup of Fenugreek Leaves.
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 Cup water.
- 4-5 Cups Unbleached Whole Wheat Flour.
How to make:
- Chop the Methi leaves and put it into a bowl.If you are using frozen Methi leaves,defrost it and use the water for binding.Add water if using fresh leaves.
- Add salt and garam masala and mix well.
- Add the flour,mix and then kneed it to make a dough.
- Keep for atleast 30mts-1hr.
- Make balls of the size of a tennis ball.
- On a lightly floured surface,roll it out using rolling pin,into a round thin shape a size between Dinner plate and side plate.
- You may use flour if the roti starts sticking to the base in the process of rolling out(apply some flour on either sides of it)
- On a flat girddle-heated,apply little ghee(clarified butter)/oil and place the rolled out roti.
- Apply little oil on the open side.
- Fry on one side for about 30sec before flipping over to the other side.
- Fry on this side for about 30sec and flip to see if they are begining to brown,if notfry till fried spots appear in light brown on either sides.
- Remove from girddle.