Preparation time:10mts,cooking time:20mts,Makes:6
Every school morning,my daughter watches the Disney channel during which this cooking cartoon comes on for about a minute or 2 with fantastic ideas for snacks that will attract the kids,which even the kids can make themselves.Its the Tasty Time with Ze Fronk.
One of the ideas they mentioned was making a Mini Quiche,I thought it was a cool idea since with the same ingredients of a regular bread-omelet one can achieve something different.I modified it a little from Ze Fronk to introduce Spinach and Mushroom into these Mini Quiche I tried for the first time.I am sure one can use almost anything to make these.
- 6 slices of bread(I used Whole wheat and honey):Cut into Circle that fit into the muffin molds.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Shredded Mozarella cheese.
- 3 Mushrooms Chopped
- 1 Cup Spinach Chopped
- 2tbsp shredded Onion
- Muffin Baking tray
- Cut Circles from the bread slices that will fit into the bottom of the individual molds of the Muffin tray.
- Chop the mushrooms,and stir fry it for 1-2mts with little bit butter.Set aside.
- Chop spinach ,stir fry for 2mts and set aside.
- Whisk together egg,milk,salt to taste and pepper powder.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Divide the spinach and mushroom between the 6 mold,place them over the bread.
- Place some shredded onion and cheese in each of them.
- When the oven is ready,Pour the beaten egg ,over the vegetables by dividing them equally between the 6 quiches.
- Place in the oven,and cook for upto 20mts.
- Prick a toothpick to check if the quiche is cooked till its center.
- Take out of the mold ,and its ready to eat.