On a chilly rainy evening,when one is bound by nature to cuddle up at home;its seems like a great idea to hit back with a nice book and a hot bowl of soup.
Most people have their signature Tomato soup and this is mine.It is not always a clear tomato soup for me,not always made of only Tomatoes,the decision is mostly based on the cost of tomatoes in market during that time of year and how much of vegetables my family has eaten that week,therefore I add in carrots/beets/potato etc in moderation eg 2 carrots,1/2 a beet or 1 potatoe etc.
This Soup recipe is for basically 4-5 Large bowl of Tomato Soup.
What you need:
- 4-5 Large Ripe Roma Tomatoes.
- 1/2 Medium onion
- 3-4 cloves
- 2 pods of garlic
- 2 Bayleaves
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 a cup milk
- Salt to taste
- 2tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder.
- Cut each Tomato into 6-8 pieces
- Pressure cook this with the spices,garlic and onion with adequate amount of water for 4-5 whistles on medium heat.
- Alternately one can cook this in microwave for 25-30mts on high.
- Let it cool down and whisk it in the mixer and pass it through the strainer,throw away that which does not get through the strainer.
- Bring to a boil ,the liquid portion in a soup pot .
- Bring down the heat to low,add the salt,sugar,milk and mix.
- Bring to medium heat let it boil ,add Pepper powder and mix well and switch off.
- Serve hot with a blob of butter and some croutons.