During our college days,we used to frequent our Library Canteen after class to eat the special “Bread Masala”.We used to get both veg and egg version of the same ,,and to us hungry student this with a cup of T which used to cost us a total of Rs.4.50/- was a steal .
I introduced this to my daughter on a weekend morning,when I had nothing else planned.She refused to eat it citing that the red color suggests that it is very spicy,after a busy morning of Ice skating class my daughter came back and started scouting around for food to eat.When she came across the plate she had discarded in the morning.She started eating it and fell in love with it.
Before going to school today,she told me to make this for her evening snack and here it is.
Things you need:
- 6 Slices of bread cut into peices.
- 1/2 large onion medium chopped.
- 1 1/2 Tomato chopped
- 1/2 tspChilly powder
- salt to taste.
- 1 Egg (optional-if you have an agenda to get some eggy taste)
- a small bunch of coriander -chopped.
- In a skillet,add some oil and fry the onion for about 8mts till golden brown.
- Add chilly powder and salt,and fry for 1mt.
- Add tomatoes,and fry for about 6-7mts ,til the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the Egg and whisk around till it is mixed well and egg is fairly cooked(Avoid this step if u have no intention of using egg)
- Add the Bread pieces and mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve with a nice hot cuppa kapi/coffee.