- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 4 cubes of frozen methi/fenugreek leaves(if fresh use about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1tsp Jeera/cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-2 green chilly slit length wise.
- 2 tsp chilly powder
- 2 cups basmati rice.
- Wash and soak rice for nearly 30mts.
- In a pan,add oil about 1 tsp and fry cumin seeds till a nice aroma comes.
- To this add,garlic paste and onion,and fry till onion is translucent.
- Add Tomatoes and methi leaves and fry for 2-3mts
- Add Chilly and turmeric powder ,fry for 8mts.
- Add drained rice ,mix well and fry for 5mts.
- Move this mixture into Rice cooker,add 4.5 cups of water and salt to taste and cook in “white rice cooking mode”,if on pressure cooker cook without weights on low flame for 5mts or till the rice is done.
- Serve with boondi raitha.
A meal of the same