This works best with fresh mussels ,if you can get them.Otherwise the precooked ones are not too bad,these are the ones I used.
Here is what you will need:
- Mussels Small 30-40(adjust ingredients based on size)
- 2 tsp Chilly powder
- 1/4 turmeric powder
- 1/2 Large Onion-Sliced
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1″ ginger mashed
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 2 pinches of hing/astefotida
- Cook mussels with water,salt,turmeric ,chilly powder and hing till mussels are 1/2 done(do not remove the water,if the water too much then cook on high flame till its reduced to 1/3)
- Add some oil and to this add tomato,onion and curry leaves and cook till the onion become translucent.
- Take care to not over fry/burn the dish by adding water moderately.
- Add ginger and cook for another 3mts
- Serve as side with rice.