Kerala style fish fry over medium flame on a girdle.
- 3-4 sardine-Cleaned with head and fins removed,with 5-6 slits horizontally across body.
- 1 tbsp Chilly powder
- 1 green chilly
- 3-4 pods of Garlic
- Ginger 1″(or used 1tsp each of ginger and garlic paste)
- Salt to taste
- 1 medium shallot.
- 3-4 curry leaves
- Grind all items except the curry leaves and sardine ;-),into a paste.
- Apply the paste on all sides of the fish include the open side and the slits.
- On a girdle,put some oil and place the fish on it.
- Place the curryleaves over and add some more oil.fry on low flame till one side it done .then flip over and fry the other side.
- Should take about 4-5mts each.
- Some raw onion and lemon.