Just like other mangalore fish fry mentioned here .I used sardines and little bit more of hing to over come the smell of this fish.
- 6 medium size peices of fish.
- 2 tbsp Chilly powder.
- 1 tbsp salt.
- 1/2 tsp Astefotida/Hing.
- 1 1/2 tbsp water.
- Rice flour 3 tbsp
- Oil for frying.
- Clean and cut the fish by removing the head and fins.Make 4-5 slits across the body horidontally.
- Mix ingredients 2 to 5 and apply generously to the fish on all sides. apply on the insides as well and in between the slits.
- Set aside for 30mts for best results.
- In a Deep frying pan,add oil so that the fish can sink it.
- When it is heated,dip the fish in Rice flour to coat it on either side with a layer of flour.
- Fry it in oil on Medium flame,till one side is done.Then turn it over to the other side.
- In about 5mts both sides will be fairly cooked.
- Take out into paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot.