- 1/2 Kg Cleans Dungeness /Or any type of Sweet crab.
- 2 cups Coconut grating.
- 5-6 red dried fried chillies(I use upto 5 for medium spice,but u can use a couple more if u like spicy dish)
- 1″ dia blob of tamarind
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 1.5″ ginger chopped.
- Clean the crabs and separate the claws of the crabs from the body keeping the legs intact.
- Cut the crab in half and chop the sharp ends of the legs.
- Make the claws into 2 pieces if using Dungeness crabs.
- Cook this with chopped onion,ginger ,1/2 tsp turmeric and salt till onions are cooked and the crab flesh begins to turn solid white from translucent white.
- Grind together chilly,coconut and tamarind to a fine paste.
- Add this to cooked crabs ,cook for 5mts and bring to a boil.
- Garnish with a few drops of oil.
- Serve with plain rice.