Another Classic Konkani style seafood curry,differing slightly from the first one I mentioned.Instead of the onion/ginger seasoning,in this it is purely hing/astefotida.
- 1/2 kg Mussels
- 1 cup coconut gratings
- 4-5 red dried fried chillies
- a small blob of tamarind
- Hing/astefotida-1/2 tsp mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Salt to taste
- Semi-cook the mussels with salt.
- Meanwhile grind the coconut,chillies and tamarind into fine paste
- add the paste to mussels and bring to boil.
- Add astefotida mixed in water ,mix well and bring it off the stove.
- Dribble a few drops of coconut oil as garnish
- Serve with white rice.