Frittata -Italian Omlette,is almost like an Omlette,which is either baked or slow cooked.Other than the egg,Frittata necessarily carries a lot of vegetable or meat base.Ever since I came across the reference for Frittata in Harrison Ford’s latest movie “Morning Glory” I have been finding a reason to make this.The oppurtunity presented itself today and I decided to make this one.The frittata is cooked partially on stove top and then baked in an oven,I for lack of time decided to slow cook it on stove top.I also avoided cheese in the one I made but if you prefer cheese you can either top it off before you start cooking the egg ,or whisk it in with the egg.
I made this frittata for a single person ,there fore my measurements are small.
- 1 Egg.
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8-9 spinach leaves chopped
- 2 mushrooms-chopped
- 2 tbsp Onion chopped
- 1 tbsp Tomato-chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pan,add some oil and fry the onion for 2mts.
- Add spinach and mushroom and fry till spinach has wilted.Add in tomato and cook for 1mt
- Whisk Salt,pepper,egg and milk(if you prefer cheese u can add ricotta in this)
- Evenly spread the Vegetable mixture at the bottom of the pan and pour over the egg mixture.
- Top this with cheese if required.
- Dribble a few drops of oil over the edge of the egg.
- Slow cook under cover for 5-8mts,till the top portion is not runny .
- If intending to make ,cook for 5mts then transfer to a 325F preheated oven and bake till top is not runny.To brown the top layer one can use the broiler portion of the oven.
- Remove from pan,make portions and serve.