- 10 small sized smelts,or peices of any fish which does not have too much of black flesh.
- 6-7 Garlic pods crushed
- 2 tsp oil
- 1.25 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/4 onion chopped(optional,I used this so we can have more gravy)
- 1/4 tomato chopped
- Chery sized Tamarind-Pulp.
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and skin the smelts or prepare peices of any fish(marinate with little salt and chilly powder for 1hrs if possible).
- In a pan ,heat oil and fry the crushed garlic pods till they are golden brown.
- Fry the chopped onions there after with little salt.
- When the onion are golden brown,add the chilly powder and fry for 2-3 mts on medium flame.
- Add the tomatoes and tamarind paste and fry for roughly 1 mt.
- Add the Fish and adjust the salt to your taste.
- Add about 1/2 cup water.
- Cook till the fish is properly cooked and adjust the water if necessary,the gravy should be thick.