A Good idea when you have a few pieces of Flashy Crabs lying around.I know I know,you must be thinking to yourself,when does one ever find a few pieces lying around!So ,you need not make it necessarily with left over crabs but when u feel like treating yourself to a CRAB MEAT only dish,this one is the easiest to make.
One of these days I was in dilemma with a single piece of Dungeness crab in my freezer along with a few crab legs as well.These were too less to make a curry out of but were too fleshy to discard.Some quick thinking gave me the idea to try crab cakes,when I cooked and pulled out the flesh another thought struck me.Which was crab meat stir fry.Its a good side rice or roti or one can simply relish this with no main course(which is what I did).
- Cook washed crabs with salt and ginger and little bit turmeric for 40mts.
- Let it cool down,remove all the meat from the shells.
- In a pan,add some oil and fry green chillies.When they are done,fry the onions,ginger and curry leaves.
- When the onions are translucent,add chillypowder,and few tomato pieces.
- Mix well,add the crab meat and fry all of it for 1mt.
- If you like it a litte mushy add about 1/4 cup of water and adjust salt to taste.
- Eat as u like it!