This Momo differs from the Momo recipe mentioned here =>https://iamcookingtoday.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/tibetean-vegetable-momo/ only in its filling.As the name suggests this Momo filling is made of chicken ;specifically raw-ground chicken there fore the cooking time of the momo has to be adjusted so that the chicken is well cooked.The filling also varies a little from the Egg and veggie one and is as below:
The filling can make upto 30 momos
- 0.4lbs ground chicken
- 1/4 Large Onion-finely chopped(I used a high speed chopper)
- 2 garlic pods-finely chopped
- 1tsp ginger -finely chopped
- 1/2 medium jalepeno-de seeded and finely chopped
- a bunch of cilantro-finely chopped
- 1 tsp Soya sauce
- salt to taste
- 1tsp oil
- Prepare the filling with the ingredients mixed and set aside for atleast 1hr in refrigerator.(adjust the salt as the soya sauce itself is salty)
- Make Momo’s dough-basket as mentioned in link=>https://iamcookingtoday.wordpress.com/2011/02/10/tibetean-vegetable-momo/
- In each momo place about 1tsp of the filling and close it to make its shape.
- Cook on a steamer for 15mts.
- Set aside for atleast 10mts before serving with sauce of your choice.(I went with sweet and sour sauce).