Something I conjured up at the nth hour.
- 1 cup broccoli-into florets
- 5-6 florets of cauli-cut into halfs
- 1/2 bell pepper-sliced
- 1/4 onion chopped.
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil,for frying.
- Cook Broccoli and cauli florets with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/2 cup water for about 5mts
- In a pan add,1tsp oil and splutter cumin seeds
- Add 1/2 the onions to this and fry till translucent,add turmeric and fry for 1/2 mt.
- Now run this in a chopper to make still finer onion mix.
- Add the 2nd tsp of oil in pan,and fry the remaining onion and capsicum
- To this add cumin and paprika/chilly powder
- when the onion has died down a little,add the cooked florets avoiding the remaining water in it(keep aside the water for later use).
- when the Broccoli has mixed in a little add the onion mix ,adjust the salt and fry for 2mts on medium.
- Add remaining water and cook on high till the water is absorbed and the vegetable begins to fry.
- Switch off and serve with rice.