What you need:
- 3 cups of Winter Melon(Kuvale)
- 1 cup coconut gratings
- 4-5 red dried fried chillies
- tamarind -a small ball
- 1/2 tsp mustard for grinding
- 1/2 tsp for seasoning
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 tsp oil.
- salt to taste.
- Cut Winter Melon into 2″ squares and cook with a cup water and salt.
- Grind together coconut,chillies and tamarind to smooth paste.
- When the paste is adequately fine,add 1/2 tsp mustard seed and grind for 20/30 secs
- Add this paste to the cooked melon and bring to a boil after adjusting the salt.
- Season with mustard and curry leaves spluttered in 1 tsp oil
- Serve with rice.