Has it been too long or is that I have been too busy to notice or was it both???!! Seems like ages since I have glanced at my cooking blog….far away from the realm of blogging I was going through a plethora of emotions some happy,some sad ,some joyous,some pious and my blog has been both out of sight and out of mind.Today I told myself it was time to come out of my semi retirement into active blogging and I hope to sustain it with a atleast a couple of recipes every month and this is my START!
To begin with I am posting today a very quick Chicken recipe and quick fry with some known Indian spice powders,to be served as a starter or sometime even a side dish like I did today,with Chicken Biryani.
I have used the chicken drumstick cos I was looking for something that will cook quickly and neatly in my nice little shallow pan.
Here it goes:
- 8 pieces of chicken drumstick(I removed the skin after defrosting it).
- 1.5 tsp of ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp chilly powder(may be 1 if you are using paprika)
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 turmeric powder
- 1/2 cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 a lime squeezed
- salt to taste.
- 1/4 tsp garam masala(optional)
- 1 small onion sliced
- 3-4 curry leaves
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Marinate chicken drumsticks with all from 2-9 and set aside for 2hrs.(I normally marinate all my chicken with salt,lime and paprika and leave in my refrigerator till I am ready to use it).
- In a shallow pan add oil and lightly fry onion,jalapeno and curry leaves.when they have wilted take them out into a paper towel.
- In the remaining oil,shallow fry the chicken pieces for 7-8 mt on each side for about 20-30 mts in all depending on the number of chicken pieces and the thickness(flip in between to get even browning)
- Once the chicken is cooked,add the onion-curry leaves-chilly fry and mix and cook under cover for 2-3mts.
- Varutha chicken is ready to serve.