For the Cottage cheese lovers here is another Tomato Onion base semi gravy dish.
I used this to eat as a side with roti and the next day the left over which was dry was rolled in nice thin rotis,with a dash of ketchup and presented in my kid’s lunch box as a wrap.To my fussy little eater it seemed to make an impression ,though wat she came told me was “Mom the CHICKEN wrap was very good”……hah!if I can get her to eat her lunch then I have won the battle today…..if she thinks it was chicken I have won twice over ;-).
- 1 small onion
- 1″ ginger
- 1 1/2 tomato
- 1 Jalapeno(increase if you like more spicy)
- 20 cubed pieces of Paneer/cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Red and green bell pepper sqaures.
- 1 tsp corriander powder
- 1/2 cumin seeds
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1/4 turmeric
- a handful of chopped Fenugreek leaves(methi)
- salt to taste
- a pinch of astefotida/hing
- oil for frying(1tsp)
- In a puree tomato,green chilly.ginger and onion into paste.
- In a pan add oil and fry paneer for 2mts,take out and fry capsicum for 4-5mts.Remove it and keep all aside.
- In the remaining oil,crackle the cumin seeds.
- Fry the above puree till it leaves oil and add all the powder and fry for 2-3mts.
- Add Methi leaves,and capsicum and mix well.
- Add paneer,salt to taste and lightly mix it,add 2-3tbsp of water and bring to a quick boil.
- This semi dry curry is ready to be served with roti.
- The next day ,place this left over dry paneer and capsicum in lightly spread chapathi with a dash of ketchup and roll it to make a wrap.