Now this is something I have not eaten in a very very very long time and I wonder why???? …..dint take even a second to realize why..if I make this I need to make a dish for rest of the family and this one for me only.No,its not that they dont like it…its all because I like it so much that I would hardly leave any for anybody.
I remember those sunny summer afternoons when my mom would make this curry with rice for the whole family expecting it to atleast last both lunch and dinner that day,but before she would get up from her siesta I would empty the whole curry, leaving her to think of something new for the night.With each passing year she would increase the quantity …but I never felt it any different ;-).
Today I made this and I literally hand to tie my hand from stopping to finish the entire dish,lest i’d be in my mom’s position thinking of a new one for the night.
- 1 Can of Jackfruit-Sliced in cubes.
- 1/2 cup coconut.
- 2 Dry dried chilly-lightly fried in oil
- a dime size tamarind.
- 1 tsp Urad dal lihtly fried in oil.
- 1 tsp mustard
- 4-5 curry leaves
- a pinch of fenugreek seeds.
- Grind together coconut,chillies and tamarind to a smooth paste.Just before taking it off add the urad dal(fried) and grind it for 30secs.
- Add this to already cooked jack fruit pieces with salt and 1/2 cup water and bring to boil(my canned jack fruit is well cooked so all I had to do is cut into cubes of my liking)
- Prepare the seasoning-In a pan ,add little bit oil-Splutter mustard ,fry the curry leaves and add the fenugreek seeds for 3secs.
- Add the seasoning to the to the dish above.