Prep time:20mts,cookingtime:40mts, serves:4-5
- 3 apples
- 12 tbsp Granulated sugar
- 8tbsp Butter(1 stick)
- 10 tbsp Flour
- A pinch Baking powder
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon powder(optional)
- 1/4 cup Honey bunches of oats(cereal).
- Baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Mean while in a bowl mix together flour,baking powder and butter.To do this the recipe I referred, read that we can use fork or hand.What I did was cut the butter into about 20 pieces and mix it with hands for about 3-4mts,to make it at the consistency of the bread crumbs(or atleast most of it).
- To this add oats and 8 tbsp of sugar and mix,this will make the mix more like crumbs.Keep this aside.
- Now wash and peel apples and cut in 4 pieces.Now remove the seed portion from each quarter and cut each quater into about 6 thin slices each.
- Put these slices into the baking casserole to form the lower layer.Sprinkle cinnamon powder and then the 4 tbsp of sugar evenly over the apples.
- Spread the above prepared crumbs evenly over the appples .
- Place this dish in the center of the oven at 350F for 40mts.
- Then to get the brown crust like the snap below place this under the heating element(broil in oven) for 60 sec under constant supervision(take out when you feel the crust is brown and not burnt).
- Take out and let it cool for 15mts.
- Serve hot preferably with ice cream(I did not use icecream and had it warm) -yummy!