When ever you are in a mood to eat Gulab Jamun and are out of the mix or do not have the time to make the whole thing from scratch here is a simple and the easiest way to make it.Hardly takes a few mts and outcome is terribly good for the time,effort and raw material spent.
This particular recipe uses the most easily available food item in every home today :THE BREAD.I have made this from both milk bread and whole wheat bread and they are both super.No, this is not my original recipe 😛 Many months ago I had read this while scouting around for something easy to make when I had bumped across this and was laying passive in my head to be used on a day like this.
- 4-5 slices of bread.
- 1 tsp cardamom powder.
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 water
- Badam/raisin sliced(optional)
- Cut each slice of bread off its side .
- Take a bowl of warm water,dip each slide of bread completely in it for about 5sec.
- Take it out and lightly squeeze the water off it.
- Make 3 portions of each slice.
- In the center of each portion place raisin or badam(this is my twist-you can avoid it if you please) and bring the bread together to form a ball.
- In a pan heat oil on medium and fry these balls by gently tossing it around to evenly brown it.
- Meanwhile put the sugar and water mentioned in the list above in a vessel and bring to a rapid boil.Simmer the stove and let it boil for an additional 5mts.
- Add cardamom powder and switch off stove.
- Put the fried bread balls into hot/warm syrup(if you put in hot syrup the jamuns will have absorbed the sugar by the time it cool down -faster easy time,if you put it in warm syrup it takes little more time).