Points to remember…..bcos of the use of Red chilly and also Chilly powder this dish was a little pungent.I think a few cashews in the onion in the paste should help reduce the pungency.I have avoided this due to the cashew intolerance at my home.
- 10-15 pieces chicken(preferable Bone in pieces).
- 1 Large onion sliced.
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp yogurt for marination.
- 2 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tbsp yogurt for gravy.
- Salt for taste
- 1/2 tsp Kashmiri lal mirch powder
- 4 Red Chilly.
- 4-5 cashew(preferable-Can be avoided for any restriction)
- 1/4 tsp garam masala.
- 1/4 tsp honey
- Marinate chicken with garlic-ginger paste,salt and yogurt.
- In 1/2 cup water slow boil the dried red chillies.
- In a pan with 1 tsp oil,saute the cinnamon-bayleaf-cloves.then Onions.Take this aside and make into paste with another 2tbsp of yogurt ( and cashew soaked in milk if you like)and the cooked chilly.
- In the pan add little bit oil,fry the chicken with marinate till it leaves oil.Remove and keep aside.
- In a pan add little more oil if necessary and fry the onion-curd-chilly paste.Add the Chilly powder and fry till it leaves oil.
- Add the chicken pieces,salt and 1 – 1.5 cup water and bring to slow boil.Cook for 30mts by then it will start leaving oil.
- Add garam masala mix and honey.
- garnish with cilantro leaves.