- 1.5 cup Chickpeas(uncooked)
- I Onion
- 1″ ginger for the paste
- 1/4 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 Tomato Finely chopped
- 1 Slit Green chilly
- 2 tbsp Jeera powder
- 1 tbsp Chilly powder
- 1 tbs Corriander powder
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro leaves for Garnish
- chopped Ginger for Garnish
- 1/2 lemon squeeze
- 2 tbsp oil
- Wash and soak Chickpeas over night.Then pressure cook for upto 4 whistle on medium or till cooked.
- Grind Onion and ginger into a fine paste.
- In a pan heat 2tbsp oil.fry the paste till light brown.
- To this add all the powder and fry well for about 3mts.Add tomatoes to this along with slit green chillies and chopped ginger(1/4 tsp).
- Cook till tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the cooked Chickpeas along with its water and salt to taste.
- Mix and on medium heat bring it to a boil.
- Simmer and switch off stove.
- Garnish with cilantro and ginger