My dear cousin Pooja has been for an year asking me to try the gaming hen,and I have been trying my level best to find it in my local market for so long.It was by chance that one day I was scouting around for something different in a another supermarket that I came across the Tysons Frozen Gaming Hen,I instantly grabbed it without thinking about the portions and came home to cook it,after some thought I decided to try my hand and baking/brosting the whole chicken with some marination of my own.As follows:
how to prepare the veggies:
- 15 Baby Red potatoes
- 10 button mushrooms
- 1/2 onion cubed
- 1tsp pepper powder
- 1tbsp oil oil
- 1tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- salt to taste.
- Wash and cut each baby potato into 3-4 slices(depending on its size).Mushrooms into 2-3 and onion into cubes.Marinate it with pepper,salt,lime ,balsamic vinegar and olive oil for 30mts.
- Place this on ur baking tray and cook along with chicken for 40-50mts,keep checking for cooked potatoes.When the potatoes are done take the tray out.
- Place it on a plate.
For Tandoori Chicken:
- One 22Oz Tyson Cornish Hen
- 1/2 Medium onion
- 3 tbsp Coriander leaves.
- 4-5 Garlic cloves
- 1″ Ginger or 2tsp ginger paste.
- 2 tsp yogurt
- 1 ts Chilly powder
- 1tbsp Shaan Tandoori Masala(optional-f this isnot available replace it with some garam masala)
- De frost ,wash and skin the chicken.
- Put some slits all over on the chicken.
- Grind together onion,garlic,ginger and coriander leaves
- Marinate the chicken with the paste,chilly and tandoori powder ,yogurt and salt.
- Keep in refrigerator for atleast 5-6hrs.
- Preheat the over to 390F.
- In baking pan,place the chicken-In the masala that remains in ur marination container add 2 tsp of oil.Use this to baste the chicken.
- bake the chicken for 70mts, every 20mts,baste it with the masala.When 40mts are done,turn over the chicken and baste again.
- At the end switch over to hi Broil and broil each side for 2-3mts,or till the masala starts to turn brown.
- Place it over bed of veggies.