One of the common starters in most indo-chinese restaurants are the chicken lollipo/Drums of heaven based on how well the chicken is coated and contains oil aka deep fried.Mostly made from chicken wings and hardly from chicken legs,they are the calles the drums of heaven too.
- 7 chicken drumettes
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- 4tbsp all purpose flour
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4tsp turmeric
- 3-4 tbsp of coriander/cilantro leaves finely chopped
- 5-6 Curry leaves finely chopped
- 2tbsp water.
- Remove the skin of the drummettes and clean up the bone at the thind end by releiivng the flesh attached to it to accumulate at the head of the drummete.Prepare all of the drummete like this.
- then mix all the ingredients in a bowl to make a thick paste.If you like the crunchy thicker coat use an egg instead of water to do the mixing so as to provide the binding.
- In a pan add enough oil so as to just above reach the chicken half way through when placed horizontally .
- Heat this pan on medium high and when it is hot enough,place the drummetes in oil(Basically this is deep fried but I do not like too much oil so I go for something between deep and shallow frying).
- Control ur frying heat so as to not burn up the coating,I do this by reducing the flame to low medium so as to give chicken enough time to cook without burning.
- Occasionally turn over so as to uniformly fry the chicken.
- Remove on to paper napkin.
- Serve with onion slices mixed with vinegar.