Another one of those healthy and tasty dishes,I have referred the following link and this and modified just the spices to my taste.I love the fact that it was a quick,easy and healthy dish to go with even more light Phulkas.The combination was ultimate and went good with family.
Here are my measurements:
- 1.5 cups Soy Vadi/chunks
- 3/4 Large onion chopped into small squares
- 1/2 capsicum cut into small squares
- 1 jalapeno slit into 6
- 3-4 dried red chilly
- 1.5 tomato pureed
- 2tbs dark soy sauce
- 1tsp light soy sauce(you can increase the amt of dark soy)
- 2tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1tbsp ginger paste
- 1tbsp garlic paste
- 2cups of water.
- Salt to taste
- oil for frying.
- In luke warm water,with little salt soak soy for nearly 45mts.
- In a wok,heat oil fry the red chilly and green chlly for a mt,then add the chopped onion,capsicum and ginger and garlic paste and fry till onion in translucent.
- Now lightly squeeze the soy and add it to the wok,mix well for about 5mts.
- In pureed tomato add 1 cup of soaking water frm soy chunks,light and dark soy sauce,Tomato ketchup and add this to the wok,adjust the salt at this point.
- Bring it to a boil on high and then cook on medium low flame for 10mts.
- Serve hot with roti.as it cools down soy chunk will absorb the gravy ,there fore when its time to serve and if you need gravy add about a cup of water again,mix well and bring to a rapid boil.
- Serve immd with roti.