Its been some time that I had blogged about food.Life has been a little hectic lately with a lot of travelling,settling and resettling .Though cooking is something that I would do irrespective of how or where I am ,I have not been able to click or post anything I have tried of late.
I thought may be if I did something that I tried something new that I really liked I would get myself to blog again and,here it is.Cilantro Chicken Gravy!!
I have made cilantro chicken before with garam masala powder which was more stronger in taste. I had come across this recipe some time back and have been itching to try.I liked it more because it was subtle n both taste and smell .
- 500gms chicken
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 onion for paste
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2″ ginger
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 green chillies
- 5-6 pepper corns
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 tsp corriander seeds
- 3/4 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2tbsp lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut chicken into pieces of you liking.
- Grind together with very little water items 3-7 into fine paste,then add items 8-14 and grind it further,to break down the spices.
- In pan add 2 tsp of oil ,and fry the sliced onion till it is translucent.
- Add the paste,and fry till it lets out a nice aroma.
- Add chicken and mix well.Add about 1 cup of water and salt to taste and cook till chicken is soft and tender.
- Add sugar and lime juice,mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot with rice/roti.