A favourtie in my house once again..this is the sweeter version of the Amchi Appe https://iamcookingtoday.wordpress.com/2012/06/05/amchi-appo/.
The Ingredients are not the same as the non sweet version there fore worth remembering.
- 2 cups of Sona masoori
- 1 Cup Coconut grating
- 1.5 Cup Jaggery
- 1 cup beaten rice
- 2 tbsp Curd
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- oil for frying
- Wash and soak rice for atleast 12hrs.
- Grind Rice and with coconut grating into smooth paste.(add as little water as possible as the jaggery makes the batter more watery)
- When about done,add jaggery and washed and squeezed beaten rice.
- Grind till they become paste.
- Remove from grinder add turmeric and curd and mix well.
- Ferment over nite,in the morning adjust the water to make the batter to the consistency of a thick Pancake batter(in all I added approx 1cup water inclusive of what was used during grinding)
- In the aeblekiver/Appe pan,heat add 1/4 tsp oil in each depression and when hot enough add the batter in each depression to its 3/4 height.
- Fry over cover on medium flame for about 2mts,then flip to fry the other side(need not add any extra oil).
- Fry for a minute of 2 on the flip side,remove and serve with butter/ghee