This recipe is from the youtube clipping:https://www.google.com/url?url=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D-xrIbwW5WuA&rct=j&sa=X&ei=ad44UMHXA6q56AGbpICgBg&ved=0CCQQuAIwAA&q=super+vegeei+delight+shahi+paneer&usg=AFQjCNEXpTaDEGgKPbWg3iJyNQTszRei1w
It is a beautiful recipe and a very tasty one too.I almost followed it to the T ,with the exception of Cashew which I avoid due to my reservations on nuts.
Just for the sake of my usage I am listing the measurements I used.
- A slab of Punjabi Paneer-Cut into shape u desire.
- 1 Large Onion :finely chopped
- 2″ ginger:chopped
- 5Cloves of Garlic:chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tbsp very Spicy chilly powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala powder(the video mentioned using Shahi Garam Masala from MDH-I didnot have any so used regular Garam Masala)
- 1/2 tbsp Cardamom powder
- 1tbsp Jaggery
- 1tbsp Sugar
- 1tbsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 2tbsp butter
- In a heated pan,melt butter and fry ginger ,garlic and turmeric powder.
- Add Chilly powder,fry a couple of mts and add Chopped onion
- Fry the onion till they have become kind of translucent.
- Add Garam masala,and Cardamom powder and fry for 3-4mts.
- Pour some water and make this into a puree.
- Move this back into the wok and fry for a few mts,it would start to leave oil.
- Add tomato Puree and fry for some more time.
- Add Sugar and jaggery ,and mix well.Add water about 1 cup and bring to boil.
- When it begin to bubble add Kasoori methi and mix well.
- To this add heavy cream,salt and bring to a slow boil.
- Adjust the consistency by adding water as required .
- Meanwhile in another pan,add some oil and shallow fry the paneer pieces to slight brown on each side.
- Drain this to a paper towel and add to gravy.
- Shahi paneer is ready to serve with roti.