Used commonly with the Kerala breakfast item,Puttu(https://iamcookingtoday.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/puttu-and-kadla/) and Appam.
- 1 Cup Brown chick peas /Kadla
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 tomato
- 1 green chilly
- 1/2 ” ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut grated
- 4-5 pepper corns
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1tsp Coriander seeds
- 4-5 Red chilly
- Soak washed chickpeas,over night.
- Pressure cook it ,till done.
- Add chopped onion,green chilies and ginger and cook under pressure for 2 whistles.
- Dry fry coconut,cumin seeds,coriander seeds,pepper corn,dried red chilies .
- grind them with little water to a smooth paste.
- Add this to the cooked chickpeas.
- Bring to a boil,add salt and adjust thickness by adding adequate water.
- Simmer and serve.