Wheat flour laddo,is called Churmundo in the GSB language.Best done ones in this sweet are light and explode on touching or reaching the mouth;the ones that my grandmother and MIL make.
I recently learned making these laddoos…and eventhough not like the explosives I mentioned,they are tasty enough.
- 1 Cup Wheat flour
- 1/3 Cup Gram flour
- 1 .5 cup powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- Mix Wheat and Gram flour,and strain it through the seive.
- In a wok,put the flour and lightly fry on low flame for 20mts,on low flame,till it gives a slight scent.
- Take it down the stove and let it cool a little.
- Add the powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
- Mix broken dry fruits if you like
- Now mix everything to a homogenous mixture.
- Now by adding little little Ghee at a time..make the mixture into a form where in a handful of the mixture when pressed tightly will stay together in the form of a ball.
- Adding ghee can continue till such a state is reached.
- Take a handful,and tighten the fist to make the first ball,loosen the grip and tighten again.Loosen and turn the ball in the palm of ur hand and tighten again.This procedure should tighten the contents of the fist full of the mixture in to a tight ball.
- Set aside,take another handful and repeat procedure 9.
- Note:tread with care then turning the ball in the palm of ur hand ,as there is very little moisture binding the mix together…more than required pressure will cause the ball to explode.