- 8 Chicken pieces
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tbsp Corriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp Poppy seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper corn
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 Onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 4-5 Red dried chillies-fried.
- salt to taste
- handful curry leaves
- Marinate chicken with salt,chilly powder and turmeric powder.
- In a wok add some oil and fry Poppy seeds,corriander seeds,fenugreek,peppercorn,Fennel seeds.
- Make a powder either in grinder or with mortar and pestle.Use this to marinate the chicken for 30mts.
- In a wok,heat oil fry chicken and cook for 10mts.
- Make a fine paste of coconut,tamarind,red chilly,garlic and cumin,and little water.
- Add this to chicken,onion and cook till both chicken and onion are cooked,add just as much water as required for chicken to cook.
- adjust salt .
- Add Curry leaves to this and fry it till the chicken well cooked and fried.