Picture speaks for itself.By far this has been the easiest way I have learned to deal with Pineapple to prepare it for cutting for consumption.
- Cut the crown and tail of the Pineapple.
- Place it upright on your cutting on its tail.
- Starting from the top,cut 1/2 cm along the length of the fruit,so as to shave of the thick skin of the pineapple along with a little bit into the flesh ,taking a aprt of the thorn with it.
- Do this along the whole circumference of the fruit.
- Once the whole pine apple s removed off its skin.Place it horizontally.
- Once placed like this,we can notice that the thorns of the pineapple are diagonally aligned over its different rows.
- Place the knife diagonally so as to put an incision along its edge(knife) cutting right under the thorns,once incision will cover up o 4 thorns or 3.
- Now put another incision opposite previous incision,so as to cover the same set of thorn from the other side,create a groove under the thorns so that the thorns slip out easily.
- Repeat to remove each set of thorns.
- once all the thorns are removed,the Pineapple can be pretty much cut in any way to be eaten.