When I was very small,I had taken a trip to my cousins house during one summer vacation holiday,We had not told my aunt that we were coming and we landed for lunch unannounced. After toiling in her kitchen for nearly half and hour ,asking us to explore the wild,she prepared a simple but ever so taste meal which remains fresh on my taste buds even today.
It is during this trip that I had Lemon rasam for the first time in my life.Here is the recipe to this tasty rasam
- 1 cup cooked dal +water
- 1 tomato
- 2 green chillies
- 3-4curry leaves
- Ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp rasam powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder.
- 1 Lemon juice
- mustard,curry leaves for seasoning
- Cook Chopped onion,green chilly,ginger,curry leaves,salt,turmeric and sambar powder ,1 cup water till tomato is cooked.
- Add Toor dal and its water,
- Bring to a boi,Swtich off the stove and add lemon juice.
- Adjust salt.
- In a wok heat oil,splutter mustard and curry leaves,thus preparing the seasoning.
- Add this to the rasam.