When a whole lot of milk gets spoilt,there are many ways to re use it.Most people make curd and sweet,and the rest make paneer/cottage cheese.
One can also make Paneer from fresh milk and then add acid/lemon juice to curdle it,either way after the milk has begun curdling the process remains the same.
- 1ltr Whole milk
- Cheese Cloth
- heavy weight(of any kind)
- Warm the milk in a thick bottomed pan,on low-medium heat to separate the whey from the liquid contents.
- if using fresh milk this can be achieved by boiling the milk and then adding juice of a whole lemon or acid or vinegar-effectively curdling the milk.
- When the water and the whey is completely separated,ie you can see a mass of white floating in Colorless liquid-Let is cool down without disturbing.
- Place a cheese cloth in a strainer and pour the cooled down mixture into the cheese cloth
- Once the water has drained off,tie the cheese cloth tightly ,giving the mixture the shape you need (i made mine round and flat)around the mixture and place it under a weight for 2-3 hours.(I used my rice container to place on top of the cheese cloth)
- Remove the cheese cloth and take out your paneer,cut into ur desired shape for use in dishes/