Based on recipes from the internet
- 10-25 pieces of Chicken(I used thighs and legs)
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp red hot chilly powder
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2 large onions
- 3 large tomatoes
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamom
- 2 tbsp Corriander seeds
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 7-8 black pepper corn
- 3-4 garlic
- 1 star anise
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying.
- Wash and marinate chicken with items 1 to 6 and salt for atleast 1hr.
- In a pan add 2-3 tbsp oil and fry 9-17 ,adding each one at a time ir first cloves,then cardamom so on and so forth.
- Finally add finely chopped onion,till they are golden brown.
- Now make a puree of the same.
- meanwhile blanch the tomatoes in hot water and make puree of tomato,by blending the blanched tomato and then straining it.
- Again in a pan add some oil,fry the onion paste for a couple of mts,then add the tomato puree and cook it for 7-8mts or till the tomato smell goes away.
- Add chicken,turmeric powder,some more chilly powder and salt to taste and cook it on medium heat for atleast 20mts,add water as necessary.Cook till chicken is soft and succulent.
- Add garam masala toward the end,mix well and cook for a few mts before turning off heat.